My life is a mess right now. I usually don’t discuss my personal life much but 2017 hasn’t been a great year for me and this post is about the changes I want to bring into my life so that I can be calm and happy and content, the ultimate goal being giving my life a direction.
Let’s start with why I blog.
Reading books has always come naturally to me and when I realized the settling in life isn’t going to happen the traditional way for me, I decided to channelize my energy and sometimes, my frustrations towards my blog. 8 months later, I have about 250 followers here and viewers who read my posts and leave positive comments. I am glad that I can occasionally review books for publishers such as Pan Macmillan, Bloomsbury, Harper Collins, Bee Books and Olympia Publishers, among others. Though I am not on their blogger’s list, that would be another goal I wanna achieve.
What have I learned, all these months, from Blogging and Bookstagram?
The most important lesson would be to stop running behind publishers and focus on building my blog. As a reader, I need to focus more on the kind of books I wanna read (review-copies, or not) rather than wasting my time reading books I would otherwise skip. There are too many great books in this world and new books keep coming out every day.
The second lesson that I have learned is to not get carried away by hyped books and leave everything to read those first. Everything will happen in its own sweet time.
Well, that and all those pretty pictures. Develop your own aesthetic, that is what will make you happy.
What are my Bookish Resolutions for 2018?
- I am an extremely forgetful person, so the first thing I need to do is to maintain a diary and note down the books I have read. Also the good and bad points in that particular book, so that when I finally sit down to write my review (20 years later), I don’t forget the important stuff.
- Since I also receive e-ARCs from Netgalley and Edelweiss, I have decided to maintain a note of the books and the months they are releasing, so that I can plan my reading schedule beforehand.
- I need to write more recommendation posts and book tags (cuz I love them 😛 I hope you do too)
- Read quality books and not waste time reading books I would not read, under normal circumstances.
- Learn to say ‘NO’. This is the most essential part of my resolution because I can never refuse a review copy. I need to stop accepting anything and everything.
- Re-read Harry Potter, one book a month. (Would love it if you wanna join me)
- Read regional literature and diverse books.
- Start a bullet journal. You can see glimpses of my journal on my Instagram account @ecstatic_yet_chotic
- Focus on the positive side of love and not let negative people and thoughts disturb my piece of mind
- Try to stay organized ( I am an unorganized person and confusion dominates my life)
- Try to build a good life for me, in terms of personal as well as professional life
- Learn how to drive. And get a passport (That has been a part of my resolution since 3 years now)
- Be a good person.
Well, that’s it. Making life better, one step at a time.
Did you make resolutions? Do you like mine? Let’s talk.