So I’m gonna list five books here which gave me the creeps. Now I am a scared chicken, and any weirdass situation can scare me to death. Let’s see what I can put together today.
- The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse– Well, now as far as I remember, this is a subtle version of ghostly stuff, but there’s this scene when the protagonist visits a cave full of skeletons and spirits of people who died there and boy! that is one of the most hauntingly beautiful writing I have come across.
- Cell by Stephen King: People eating each-other. I’ll let you judge the situation we have here.
- The Lie by C.L. Taylor: The book is about a bunch of friends going to Nepal for some expedition. And then things happen. Deceit, murder, revenge. The backdrop seals the deal and makes it a spooky experience. I am a fan of this plot. Catch up on my review here 🙂
- The Three Sister’s Island by Nora Roberts: A book about three powerful sisters. An enchanted journey which includes magic- dark, strong and powerful. The backdrop is an Island and there are scenes which carry you all the way to the woods and the characters. Gives me goosebumps every-damn-time.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho: Taming the wind-isn’t that magical? This book has elements that feel so power-packed and beautiful.
Well, now you know my definition of heebie-jeebies 😛
Care to comment?